The nature of the client's business is to constantly improve business processes and also frequently add new revenue streams to the core business. To do this, they have to conduct multiple business enhancement projects that are running at the same time which require high involvement of line resources.
The client learned that they were not very efficient in implementing required changes to the business. Their projects showed scope overlaps, issues were not resolved quickly, the status of the overall transition plan was not visible to decision makers and projects often "died quietly".
To resolve the issue, the client decided to setup a Corporate - Wide PMO to enable project governance and ensure that all initiatives are delivered efficiently.
- Define PMO processes and PMO Organization structure
- Develop project Masterplan by gathering information about all current initiatives
- Identify and resolve issues between the projects
- Calculate resources needed to deliver the projects
- Re-solve resource bottlenecks
- Integrate projects into PMO process to enable full transparency on the master plan status
- The client has full transparency about the status of all improvement initiatives, their associated costs and benefits, and the impact on the business
- Most projects get delivered in time, scope, budget and quality as they are properly resourced and issues are actively managed